Thursday, September 20, 2018

Key to the Damned

God has a sense of humor. I had lost the keys to one of our riding mowers. I spent several days searching all over the house for them. I found a different key that would start the mower but would fall out as soon as it moved. My wife reminded me to pray and said she had been praying I find the key. The mower also has had an electrical short so I had to charge the battery every time I wanted to use it. I decided to work on that and worry about the key later. As I was taking off the motor housing which was giving me a little trouble, I said out loud God help me find the damned key. The last screw came lose. I lifted the housing and laying on top of the motor was a key. It was slightly bent, a little rusty but it would run the mower. It was not the key I was looking for, no telling how long it had been damned to sit on top of the old motor. I changed the spark plug which was cracked and put on a new starter, put it all back together and the damned key worked just fine. Thank God. I still wonder what happened to the other keys. I am not sure I should pray for lost keys, no telling what I would find. I am sure the joke would be on me. -A. Quintin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment